The steps below suggest important actions for you to take to establish a solid foundation for future investing activity. Once completed, you will be ready to begin developing a personal investment plan.
Check each action step as it is completed.
- Review your current financial holdings and determine if they are in saving or investment vehicles.
- Determine the rate of return for your current financial holdings.
- Establish short-, intermediate-, and long-term financial goals for you and your family. Estimate the length of time between now and when you want to achieve each goal.
- Determine your investment preferences to identify your characteristics and needs as an investor.
- Set aside time each week to read one of the family financial magazines.
- Assess your interest, skill, and time to make decisions about your investment plan and portfolio. Proceed on your own or seek assistance.