How do I go about replacing an adoption decree? I just turned 18 and need to apply for citizenship, and apparently my adoption decree is missing.

The lesson titled “Legally Secure Your Financial Future” has a section on replacing important papers. The entire lesson is found at

The section you are interested in is found at

In your state:

To replace marriage licenses and marriage dissolution or adoption decrees, contact the main office of the county government in which the license was obtained, the marriage occurred, or the dissolution or adoption was filed, and ask where these records are kept. If …