Learn to secure your farm’s future and protect your family’s legacy by enrolling now.
It’s worth the time. Invest in your future.
This online class gives farm families the information they need to make strategic decisions while weaving together farm and personal investments. Developed by Extension educators across the nation, the 8-lesson course helps farm families plan for a financially stable future that meets long-term needs. Participants can work at their own pace, with each lesson taking less than an hour. Expected learning outcomes include:
- Increasing future financial security
- Identifying investment strategies
- Knowing asset allocation basics
- Evaluating investment productions alternatives to agriculture business risks
- Investing for retirement and farm succession planning
Invest in your future by enrolling in the Investing for Farm Families online course.
To enroll for the Investing for Farm Families online course, please do the following after getting to the course:
- Click on the “New Account” link in the “Fill out the New Account form” step listed in the box on the right hand side of the page. After entering the registration data an email will immediately be sent to you. Write down your username and password for future reference.
- Check your email account for a message from Admin User [email@example.com]with a verification link. Be sure to check your junk mail folder. This welcome e-mail will ask if you want to update your profile. This is optional, it will help other participants get to know you.
- When you click on the verification link you will be taken to a page that says your registration has been confirmed with a courses button. Click on that button and you will see a listing of course categories. Choose Personal Finance and click.
- Choose Investing for Farm Families.
- Suggestion: Watch the Video Demonstration first to see how to navigate the course.
- When you move through the course, there will be some unique individuals to give you a farm and ranch business perspective.
- To return to the course you can either visit http://campus.extension.org/ and find it from the list or go to the link in step 1.
This course is displayed using the online tool known as Moodle. Please enroll in this course at:
Start this Lesson – Investing for Farm Families
This program is made possible by a grant from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Investor Education Foundation.
Online Investment Education Project Team
This project was guided by a team of 16 members from 10 different states; USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture and Risk Management Agency; and eXtension. For a list of team members, see http://collaborate.extension.org/wiki/OIE_Team.
Additional Learning Lessons that may be of interest to farm families:
- Who Will Get Grandpa’s Farm?
- Take the Road to Financial Security in Later Life
- Legally Secure Your Financial Future
- Investing for Your Future
- Planning for a Secure Retirement
- Planeando un retiro seguro – Spanish Version
- Getting Motivated for Estate Planning
- Getting Ready for Estate Planning
- Financial Success: Recovery after Bankruptcy Coming soon!
Financial Calculator for farm families: