Are you a person who:
- is reluctant to talk about death?
- is experiencing declining health and doesn’t want to discuss loss of decision-making control?
- has a hard time making decisions, so nothing gets done?
- feels medical choices should be kept private?
- never thinks much about end-of-life health-care issues?
- thinks about getting professional help for legal affairs, but never gets around to it?
Communication strategies that work for many include:
- Plan Ahead
- Hold a Family Meeting
- Talk Among Family Members
III. Starting an Advance Directive Discussion
Resources and Tools
Communicate Your Advance Directives for Health Care belongs to a series called Legally Secure Your Financial Future. The series also includes information to help you organize important household papers and begin preparing your estate plan.