To learn about Specific Household Papers:
- Record of Important Papers – form for recording your personal information
- Household Inventory – suggestions and form for taking your inventory
- Organize Your Important Papers – lists records according to record keeping locations and types of records, gives reasons for keeping an item and describes how long to keep each record
- Replacing Very Important Papers – gives guidance and contact information
Directory of Important Papers – Coming Soon! The Directory of Important Papers is a decision tool that lists records alphabetically and by type of record. The searchable directory provides useful information for each record including the reason for keeping, where to keep original and copies, how long to keep, and how to replace the item.
- How to Get Organized
- Organize Important Papers
- What are SMART Goals?
Resources and Tools
Organize Your Important Household Papers belongs to a series called Legally Secure Your Financial Future. The series also includes information to help you communicate with others and begin preparing your estate plan.